As much as I thought that Matthew would enjoy it, I decided to put him to bed before the actual decorating. It was probably a good idea as it was busy enough keeping Jacob and Caleb from pulling down the house and eating too much candy.
It was a fun evening. I took charge of the frosting while Jeff, Jacob, and Caleb took on the role of the decorating with the candy. I was impressed with how well they did. They had some good ideas and I think our little house turned out pretty well.Even though we got to bed pretty late, it was a fun evening and definitely something that I would like to make a tradition of. Now the trick is to keep the boys from eating the gingerbread house. I'd like it to be around as a decoration for a while, but I'll be surprised if it lasts though the week!
2 comments:
I'm sorry but gingerbread houses are not supposed to look that neat and tidy. Where are the big globs of frosting oozing out from under the eaves that are misaligned? Where are the gumdrops that have bites out of them - and who made everything so symmetrical? You need to try that again with a little more "help" from your "helpers"!
I've been wanting to make a gingerbread house for forever! One of these days... Maybe I just have to buy the kit next year to get me started :) It looks adorable. And yummy.
Post a Comment