Wednesday, December 31, 2008

"Muffin"


Matthew has affectionately earned himself the nickname of “Muffin” I’m not sure exactly how it came about, but he is definitely our little muffin. He has turned into such a busy, active, opinionated little toddler. This morning he managed to single-handedly break both of my big pyrex/glass bowls that I’ve had for 6 years since we’ve been married. He pulled them off the shelf and dropped them on the floor. It was a huge mess, but at least he wasn’t hurt and at least it was right before I cleaned the floor. A couple hours later, he managed to break another glass cup on my now perfectly cleaned floor.

Matthew is our “Techno-Geek” He has a huge fascination with anything that even remotely involves technology. His favorite toys are: cell phones, pdas, pagers, computers, card readers, cameras, DVD players, calculators, radios, etc. He amazes me with what he can do. He calls people and takes pictures with our phones, he enters new info in Jeff’s pda, he likes to pull the cap off of our card reader & plugs it into the computer where it starts to download, he reprograms the bread maker, changes out DVD’s in the dvd player, puts cd’s into the computer, and so on. Sometimes it’s frustrating to keep him away from everything. At Christmas time, one of his favorite activities was to plug in & unplug the Christmas tree. He’s just too smart for his own good.

Even though he’s super busy, he’s been so much fun. He has a definite love of chocolate milk. He prefers it ALL of the time. He’ll go to the fridge, pull out the chocolate syrup and bring it to me with his cup. He laughs when shake it up, and gets so excited. It’s funny to watch him drink it, when he’s about half way through, he’ll look at his cup, shake it up again himself, and resume drinking.

Matthew loves music and loves to turn on the radio. He’ll usually start dancing to the music. He’ll dance up and down, as well as side to side. He’s got pretty good rhythm and keeps us all entertained.

Church is tricky nowdays. Matthew has become quite a handful, which is to be expected, but I have a feeling that these next 4 months will be interesting!


2 comments:

Amanda Stevens said...

Yes I agree that the boy does have a bright looking future, but does he know how to climb to the top of the toilet, throw an electric razor in, and then flush from the top? I don't know for sure but I would think we have comparable bragging rights! Got to love it... all in a days work.

Perfectly Imperfect said...

He is DARLING! I would eat that muffin in a second! Brad and I have a theory about the "nursery age". You are almost always ready for your child to go to nursery about 4-6 months before they actually can - Why? Well, our theory is that they do this so you won't add another child to nursery any time soon. I remember Brad saying to me (after one heinous day at church) "We will be blessed FOR our attendance - if not BY it." Truer words have never been spoken! Love those babies!