I had a great birthday this year! I felt so lucky to be the recipient of so many sweet cards, phone calls, emails, and gifts- it felt more like a birthday week, and I really appreciate so many of you who have been so thoughtful!
On Wednesday, Jeff got home a little early from work, so he stayed home with the boys and I was able to go out for a little birthday shopping trip. I love being with my boys, but it goes without saying that they’re not big shoppers; so I enjoyed some time being able to shop at my own leisure. I found some cute things and had fun in the process. One funny story during this trip. So a couple years ago at Christmas time my brother gave me a gift card to Aeropostale. I held on to the gift card for a year, and finally last Christmas went out and used it. One of the items I bought was a pair of khaki pants, I thought they were on sale for $14, but when I checked out they ended up being $20, which is more than I usually like to pay for pants (I’m cheap). Anyway, I thought they looked good, but when I got home I decided I didn’t like them as much as I had thought. So my plan was to take them back. Well I don’t go to the mall very often- I’ve averaged once a year over the 6 years we’ve been here. So I didn’t return them until this birthday trip, 8 months later. When I brought them back, the sales girl said, “Wow, these are old!” I still had the receipt so it wasn’t a problem. So I found a few other items and went to pay for them. While checking out, the sales girl told me that the pants I brought back were now marked down to $1.20! So of course I said, “I’ll take them!” I wasn’t willing to pay $20 for them, but $1…sure! So I guess the smart shopper style is to buy clothes, hold onto them for 8 months, then return them and buy them back dirt cheap. Works for me!
The Friday night before my actual birthday, we had a date night so the boys went to play with friends and Jeff and I went out to dinner. We decided to go to PF Chang’s again and had a great time.
On Saturday I was the lucky recipient of breakfast made by Jeff with some help from Jacob and Caleb. After breakfast we all went out to do a little shopping, we found some dress shirts for Jeff, some pants for Jacob and a couple shirts for all the boys, and a couple other things for me.
We didn’t have much time before we had to head out for a get together with the residents that Jeff works with. Sarah had a fun dinner/bbq at her house and we ended up being over there with everyone for 3 ½ hours. The boys had a blast swimming in the pool, playing with toys, and some of the other kids. Jeff and I had fun visiting with the other residents and their families, it was the first time I’ve been able to meet some of the first year residents. Jeff sure is lucky to work with such a great group of people- you really couldn’t ask for better.
By the time we got home it was well after 9pm. So we got the boys to bed and ended up watching a movie together. It wasn’t a typical birthday celebration, but it was a fun day. Jeff made a cake Sunday night, so we were ale to enjoy that later!
It’s weird to think I’m another year older, and in Jacob’s words, at 24, I’m getting “pretty old!” I wonder what he’ll think when I hit 30. It was sure a wonderful year this year though! Thanks again everyone.
6 comments:
Happy Birthday! I hope you had a great day!
Cute picture! I was thinking about you today! Hope you had a happy birthday! Hey you're the big 24! I feel like it's always nice to be one year older when you have as many kids as we do!:) If your like me you don't dread birthday's yet, they're still great!
Happy Birthday Angela! I love being able to catch up with your family. Thanx for the great blog & photos! My birthday wish for you is that you'll have another great year & you'll get to see the Marsh's;)!
Happy Birthday! I hope that you were able to enjoy the day!
Happy Birthday indeed! I hope it was super duper!
Hey Angela! Sounds like a fun birthday! There is nothing better then birthday money to spend however you want!
Post a Comment