On Tuesday we decided that we had all had so much fun at the beach on Friday that we’d go again. First off in the morning, I had to stop by the dentist’s office to have an adjustment made, but I was done by
While we did have a good time, it wasn’t quite as awesome as it had been on Friday. First off, there were a ton of people there! Why there would be that many on a Tuesday versus a Friday is beyond me, but there was quite a crowd.
The waves also weren’t quite as big as they had been a few days previously. So the boogie boarding was fun, but not quite like it was. Dad still spent quite a bit of time out in the water though. He and Cole had fun. That was fine- we found some other things to do too. Lacey, Matthew and I were sitting near the water when we found a huge crab! (Okay, not huge-huge, but pretty big for a sand crab) So Lacey grabbed a bucket and caught it. Well Jacob, Caleb, and Cole thought that was just about the coolest thing ever so they immediately started in with their shovels and buckets trying to find more. Grandma was a pretty big help too; those boys are lucky to have a grandma who is so brave! They didn’t ever find another big crab, but they did find all sorts of other little weird bugs and animals that apparently live in the sand. They had quite an assortment of live creatures in their bucket by the end of the afternoon.
Matthew was a little more grumpy this afternoon and I had a hard time getting him to fall asleep- I know he’s getting a couple more teeth and I think that was the main issue. He finally fell asleep and I was able to lay on my towel while watching the boys searching through the sand for crabs with Grandma and Uncle Cole. I ended up falling asleep for about a half hour- and that nap felt so good!

When we got home we had dinner and put the boys to bed. Then Mom, Lacey, and I figured we hadn't had much "Girls" time, so we headed off to Kohl's to do a little shopping. It was 9:00 when we left, so we only had an hour before the store closed. It was fun though looking around trying to find some fun things for Mom to wear to her 25th class reunion. We were having a little too much fun laughing and joking around in that dressing room. We ended up finding her some really cute shirts and a few other things. It's amazing how you think you'll have so much time during a week vacation, but really it doesn't last that long. It would have been fun to have a whole day to go out together, but we were busy enough that we only had time for an hour. It was sure fun though!

When we got home, everyone was still feeling pretty good- so we brought out everything for ice cream sundaes and watched a movie together, and once again went to bed way too late, but had lots of fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment