Thursday, July 31, 2008

Family Visit Day 4

Ah Sunday, sweet day-of-rest Sunday. It was a day that everyone was looking forward to! First of all, it was so nice not to have to worry about packing up and traveling, but also it was Mom & Dad’s 25th wedding anniversary!

(These pictures aren’t necessarily from Sunday…they were more just random ones taken throughout the week that I might not have posted otherwise. We didn’t do much with the camera on Sunday)

It was nice to have a day where we could sleep in and not feel guilty- church doesn’t start until 1:00. Jeff had to leave at 9:30 for meetings, but the rest of us enjoyed the morning. I made a big batch of crepes and had all the fixings: strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, bananas, whipped cream, pudding, etc. Yum. Afterwards we cleaned up and took our time getting ready for church. We made it there 10 minutes early and had fun introducing the family to members in our ward. The sacrament meeting was great- even with the loud thunderstorm that struck right in the middle of the meeting. After church we headed home for a big dinner, complete with a special cake for Mom & Dad. Originally we had planned to visit Valley Forge, but by the time we were finished with dinner we all wanted to just stay home and spend time together. I think it was a good choice, and definitely a more relaxing one. This was one of my favorite days and I think it’s because there weren’t any distractions; we just sat around talking and laughing, and being entertained by the boys. That’s what I love, just being with family, soaking up the moment. Even then the time went by much too quickly. I can’t help but feel so grateful for my wonderful parents- it was so neat to be able to celebrate their 25th anniversary. We took them to the musical on Thursday, but the actual day of their anniversary was pretty simple. And yet, that’s what Mom & Dad had asked for and really wanted- just to be together with everyone talking, laughing, and spending time together. We missed having Kristie & Tom, and Houston with us but we felt grateful for where they’re at. It will sure be a wonderful reunion when our whole family is reunited together once again.

No comments: