Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Baby Towels

I have a super sweet friend back from Junior High named Megan Saunders. We had some pretty fun times growing up near each other during our junior high years. Girls camp, church events, school, school musicals, sleepovers, etc. I have some great memories of time we spent together. Even though we haven't really seen each other much over the years, we've managed to keep in touch pretty well. Megan has made a tradition of making beautiful handmade towels for my boys. And these aren't just any towels, they're extra large & square in size-perfect for wrapping up babies. Plus she's stitched & crocheted around the edges so they're beautiful! It started with Jacob-a blue one with blue/green trim, then Caleb-a white one with green/blue trim. Well, just the other day I got a surprise in the mail. Sure enough, it was another beautiful towel for Matthew-blue with blue trim. Jacob and Caleb absolutely love their towels- by far their favorites and they always want those particular ones after their baths. Well, they were pretty excited with Matthew's came as well, and insisted on having a picture with his too. (I need to add pictures of the other two boys with theirs throughout the years) Megan is so thoughtful, and I think of her whenever I see her sweet gifts. Thanks Megan, we love them!

2 comments:

Kari said...

Angela,

It's been awhile since I've had time to sit & read blogs. I miss being able to see you & your sweet family in person. Please let us know when you are in Boise so that we can set a time to see eachother again. Better yet we can just plan for you to move next door to us when you come back to Idaho! Thanx for all your help & your great friendship.

Alyssa said...

Such a CUTE little guy! Hey...I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. Reading your post just brought me back to that moment when I heard about my mom's diagnosis. It's not an easy road ahead...and it's so hard when you can't be there to help her...even though so many women go through this...it's hard to believe it when it's your own mom. She's in our thoughts and prayers!