March 2013
I had a project week one week- I was washing baby clothes, changing everyone's clothes out for sizes and seasons, labeling all my storage bins, getting the crib ready, etc. I had our old crib mattress in the living room and Matthew and Emily were running around playing in their superhero capes. The next minute I turned around, they had moved a stool over to the living room and were pretending to be flying superheroes. I know it's probably not the best activity- but they were having so much fun and being so cute together- I decided to just let them play. It was the highlight of their day.
We had some pretty good rainstorms this spring. One of the kids' favorite thing to do is put on their rainboots and coats and go out to play- one of their favorite things is building dams in the gutter. Thankfully we live on a very quiet cul-de-sac. It's fun to watch them and brings back many memories of my brothers and sisters and I playing in the rain together.
Jeff and I were out for a date one night and one of our very favorite babysitters- Ailish Black- texted us this cute picture of them together. The kids just love her and we are so glad to have her! Seriously, Emily would claim her as a sister in a second!
Our annual tradition of filling out March Madness brackets. It's always fun to sit down with the kids and help them- especially Emily. She comes up with some whoppers- but it's just fun! We usually pick a prize for the winner in the family. We all have fun keeping tabs on the brackets and occasionally watching a game or two.
During March we had some fun visitors! Greg, Amy, and baby Jason stopped in for a quick visit on their way out to North Carolina to sell for the summer. They got in pretty late on a Wednesday night and left later in the afternoon on Thursday. It was so much fun to have them here- and the kids were thrilled to have baby Jason to play with. Jacob and Caleb were bummed they still had to go to school that day, but Matthew and Emily played with Jason all morning. We just loved having the chance to visit with Greg and Amy- we don't see them nearly as much as we'd like, so it was great to have time with them.
Jeff's office had their annual bowling night. I wasn't too sure about the whole idea- being almost 38 weeks pregnant. I figured I'd just go out with the smallest ball possible and try to roll it down the lane with the least amount of effort possible. As luck would have it, I ended up rolling the high score of the night with a 145. Jeff got some joking about coming in 2nd to his pregnant wife. It was just a fun night with the office- I really love Jeff's office staff. It's a great group and we had a good time together.
Sometimes our Sundays look like this... every kid needs to build a good fort once in a while.














No comments:
Post a Comment