March 2013
Emily turned 3 years old on March 19th. I know you can say it with every child on every birthday, but I really can't believe she is already 3 years old. I still remember so vividly Emily as a baby- somehow that sweet, content, loving little baby has turned into a beautiful, sweet, kind-hearted preschooler. And soon to be a big sister to a baby sister of her own.
Emily and I spent the day together taking big brothers where they needed to go, and finishing up a couple last birthday errands & getting an ice cream cone on the way home. She got to pick out what flavor of cake and the colors of her candles. Then she helped me design a princess cake with her princess dolls. We finished decorating and getting everything ready. Then it was time to go pick up the boys.
I don't know who was more excited about the birthday- Emily or her brothers! They are all so sweet and loving to her. They can tease at times, but they love their little sister. While I was finishing wrapping a couple last presents from Grandma- they decided they wanted to entertain Emily by taking her on rides down the stairs in a sleeping bag. I know it's not the best for the carpet, but they don't do it very often and I thought it would be ok for a birthday. It definitely provided good entertainment!
We had everything ready to go, so when Daddy got home we went right into dinner-Emily chose spaghetti and meatballs, broccoli, and homemade rolls. Then it was time for the presents. We got a few things for her- the big present from us was a little doll high chair and a vacuum. But this little girl definitely had some spoiling from all the grandparents. I thought it was funny watching the boys play with Emily and all her gifts. The favorite of the night was a food set for her kitchen from Grandma Tanner. We had cake & ice cream after presents, then Jeff and Jacob had to go to scouts & institute at the church. The rest of us just enjoyed the evening at home. I love birthdays- I love celebrating each child and making them feel special and loved. I also love that it's a family ordeal- and everyone helps the birthday child feel loved. We are so grateful for Emily- our first precious daughter. She was an angel baby and still continues to bring so much joy and happiness (and sass!) to our home!














.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment