Thursday, March 7, 2013

Caleb's 1st Grade Choir Concert

March 2013
In March, we had the chance to attend Caleb's 1st grade choir concert. I remember as a child wondering why my parents-my mom in particular- got so excited about choir concerts. As a mother, I now completely understand. There is something so fun about watching your child perform-even in the middle of a huge group of kids. Their choir teacher does a great job at incorporating musical instruments and fun activities. Caleb had a chance to play on the xylophone, and a few other instruments, as well as be a part of a fun dance that went a long with one of their songs. He and his cute little friend Avery Bechtold (a family and good friends in our ward) stood right next to each other and had a few parts together. Caleb did a wonderful job! I think his favorite part was when they all got to stand throughout the auditorium and perform a song- as luck would have it- he was right near our row. He is so great- always smiling and waving at us, no embarrassment there! Well, until I try to take some pictures of the family at the end- none of the kids care too much about that! It was a fun evening and we celebrated afterwards by going out for some ice cream. 









No comments: