A 10-year anniversary is a big deal. I can't believe we've been married for a decade! Originally we had hoped to do something exciting to celebrate, but unfortunately it was the summer of all summers for family reunions, weddings, etc. So sadly, the celebration would have to wait. We had just gotten back from our 2-week family reunion vacations, so on the actual day of our anniversary we ended up just going out for a night out. We had dinner at Texas Roadhouse and caught a movie.
It was actually the first time we left our kids without a babysitter. We put Emily to bed early and let Jacob and Caleb be in charge of getting Matthew in bed once their movie was done. I can't believe our kids are getting to this stage- we still use a babysitter, but for that night it worked out fine.
Even though it wasn't an exciting trip, it was nice to go out with just the two of us and enjoy the evening. I feel so blessed to be married to such a wonderful man who I can truly call my best friend. It seems like yesterday we were kneeling across the alter from each other being sealed for time and all eternity. Now, 10 years later, 4 kids, many years of schooling, different states, houses, and circumstances, we love each other more than we could have imagined ten years ago. I love every minute we spend together.
At the end of the night, we made a quick stop at the store to pick up a couple things. Along with everything else, I had had a slight suspicion and decided to pick up a pregnancy test as well. I guess it was a fitting and exciting surprise to take the pregnancy test the next morning and see two pink lines.
It's kind of fun to find out the day after your 10-year anniversary that you're expecting baby #5! I had my suspicions, but then while waiting those long 3-minutes, I had myself convinced that it wasn't going to happen since it was just the first month of not preventing a pregnancy, and that it would probably be good to have a little more time anyway. Finally when the time was up I picked up that test and there were two dark lines! It was a shock and a fun surprise to see those two lines. I immediately felt happy, excited, nervous, scared, and blessed all at once. I figured out that this baby would be due on April 12th, 2013- the same day as Jeff's birthday. We wouldn't say anything to people for a while, but we are so thrilled to add another precious spirit to our family. It was definitely my favorite anniversary gift!

No comments:
Post a Comment