Saturday, August 11, 2012

High Priest Summer Activity



I've said it before, our ward has the best High Priest social activities ever. For the summer activity, the whole group was invited up to one of the bishopric members lake house for a day of boating, BBQing, and playing out on the lake. It was such a fun day with everyone and we had a great turnout. There were only 2 bummers about the day activity. 1-It ended up being pretty overcast and actually kind of cold. I don't think we even hit 70 that day, and I was really wishing I had brought jackets for everyone, but it sure didn't stop the kids from getting in the water.  2- At 5 weeks and 1 day pregnant, I got the first taste of the infamous morning sickness that morning. Luckily it didn't last the whole time, and I still went out in the canoes and enjoyed the time with everyone, but it was a reminder of the not so fun side of pregnancy.
I was really glad we were able to go and have such a fun time with everyone. We had good food, played some fun games, and enjoyed taking turns on the jet skis, canoes, boating, and tube rides. It was especially fun for all the kids who had a blast and didn't seem to even mind the cold weather. There is something so fun about a sandy beach and a bunch of water for kids and I loved watching them run around and have fun together.



 The older boys kept pretty busy for the first while playing king of the tube and having fun just floating around in the water.

Daddy and Emily having fun in the canoe

Alish and Matthew
 One thing is for sure. There was no shortage of older girls playing with Emily and the boys. Emily was pretty much doted on all afternoon. She must think life is pretty dull when she's just home with mom who isn't nearly as fun as all these cute older girls!

Val and I were able to take a little canoe trip of our own. It was fun to go out on the lake together.

The boys were especially excited when they started giving tube rides. Daniel and Jacob were pretty excited to take the first turn. I wasn't out on the boat with them, but from everything I heard, they did pretty good at holding on and had a blast.




Our little 'Baywatch' babe

Laurie Anderson, Val Jensen, and I
 Obviously we played pretty hard and had a few snoozers on the way home, including mom!

No comments: