We decided to change up our usual caramel, chocolate-covered pretzels and this year we made our favorite white chocolate caramel apples for friends, neighbors, teachers, and co-workers. We had softball-sized apples, dipped them in homemade caramel, then dipped them in white chocolate and rolled them in cinnamon sugar. They're a favorite ever since we had Zwahlens' in Pennsylvania. They were yummy and a fun treat to give away.

I know this one is out of focus, but it was cute to see Caleb and Emily having so much fun together playing with dominoes. They played forever and had some pretty impressive towers.

This is why we don't let Emily play with markers.

Our kids are usually pretty good and don't get into things, but this particular day I was upstairs changing out clothes for the season, Jeff was downstairs with the kids. I don't know how someone didn't notice, but Emily and Matthew found the flour in the closet and decided to make 'snow'. I'm pretty sure Matthew was the mastermind behind this one. Matthew & Emily were covered. The best lesson I learned- make sure you get as much flour off as possible before bathing- whatever is left turns into goop, and then hardens, and is really hard to remove-especially from hair.




This was our child-decorated tree, and Emily loved it. She was always playing with the lights and rearranging all the ornaments. (which is why you don't see any in this picture)
1 comment:
Those apples sound DELICIOUS! That flour episode sounds like a MESS! Ah well it makes for good laughs AFTER it's all cleaned up ;).
Post a Comment