Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Murder Mystery Night

This year Jeff and I had a murder mystery dinner with some friends. It was our first one and ended up being a blast! We left the kids with a babysitter and a pumpkin-shaped pizza for the evening, and headed off for a night of fun with friends.
Jeff was "Eddie (Socks) R. Gyle"
I loved what he put together for his costume and thought he fit his part perfectly!

My character was "Silky M. Adam"
John & Valerie- we especially loved John's wig.
Jeff & Laurie
Somehow I didn't get pictures of all the couples together, but we did get a group shot of the girls together. It was so fun to see all the costumes everyone put together.
Rachael, Laurie, Me, Shelly, Valerie
And the men- weren't the costumes great!
Ken, Jeff, John, Jeff, Dave
I was lucky to be in charge of dessert and made these:
Brownie sundaes in chocolate bowls
The whole night was a blast. We ended up being at Ken & Shelly's until after 10pm. The food was excellent and the murder mystery was a riot. More than anything we just had fun spending time together as friends and laughing our heads off. We've decided to make it an annual event. I'm grateful for such great friends.

P.S. I ended up being the murderer! :) Jeff, Val, and I all guessed it.
(Not a great group shot- I'm still waiting on the real one that was taken)

4 comments:

sara cardon said...

Oh man! What fun! You guys all look so great, and your dessert sounds delish.:)

Caroline said...

Chocolate bowls? That's amazing. I am going to have to remember that one! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!

Joey and Michelle Chandler Family said...

Looks like a fun date night! You've done a lot of catching up and it looks like you've had a busy month. The pumpkin rice krispie treats you made for Matthews birthday were super cute.

Austin & Shawnee said...

How fun is that! Love all the costumes.