Emily had her 20 month Dr's visit this past week. She measured 33 inches tall (63rd percentile) and was 21 pounds (9th percentile). The doctor of course was asking all sorts of questions about abilities, etc. He asked if she is able to climb up on a chair or anything. I told him he didn't need to worry- I am constantly finding her up on chairs, the table, the counters, even climbing the toilet to get up on bathroom counters. I get her down and try to explain that she needs to stay down, but this girl is unstoppable!
She also loves, loves, loves to draw and color. This has led to masterful artwork all over homework, walls, floors, clothing, and of course her own self.
During my wisdom teeth recovery, I was trying to come up with new food ideas to break up the monotony of chicken soup, yogurt, chocolate milk and pudding. I saw a recipe for the chocolate mousse and decided to give it a try. I thought it was ok, but one bowl was enough for me. The kids liked it- and Emily apparently thought it made a great facial mask. She earned herself a bath after this one.


Sometimes I wonder why there are days when I have to make my bed like 3-4 times a day. This was a good reminder of why. Apparently mom & dad's bed is a fun place to play for the kids. Emily loves to jump around on the top, and then she goes straight for the pillows. Sometimes I wonder why I bother.




She still loves her blankets and bottle. She has two pink blankets- one from each grandma, that she still loves to take everywhere and always sleeps with them. She calls them "bekee" and it's torture for her if I ever take them to wash them. I'll let her have a bottle with milk during the day, but it's water at night. I know I should just get rid of the bottle, but I guess it's the perk of being the baby in the family- I'm not ready for my baby to grow up, so I don't mind letting her hold onto it for a little longer.
I love listening to Emily's cute little voice and chatter. She is starting to talk so well. We especially love her giggles and her deep belly laugh.
I was giving Matthew a bath when Emily woke up from her nap. It took her about two seconds to decide she wanted one too, and in she went- shirt, skirt, leggings and all.
1 comment:
She is so stinkin' cute!
Post a Comment