Monday, September 5, 2011

Labor Day Weekend

After the Pocatello Marathon on Saturday, we headed down to spend the weekend with the Haworths since it was only an hour away. It was nice to kick back and relax while spending time together. Saturday was filled with football games- luckily the games ended well so everyone was in an especially good mood.
Kristie and I had lots of time rolling out on the foam roller. We were definitely starting to feel the effects of the marathon!





On Sunday, Kylee made the trip up to Grandma & Grandpa's from college- it was so fun to see her and spend some time with her. Nathan and Kendra even ended up being at Grandma and Grandpa's Saturday night. It was fun to see them and their cute boys. It was fun to hold Jackman for the first time- I love sweet newborn babies.
I was singing praises Sunday morning when I found out that grandma and grandpa's church didn't start till 11am. That bed was so comfortable and it was hard to get up! Church was wonderful. It was fast and testimony meeting and I loved hearing testimonies born by ward members, and especially my parents and Grandma Haworth.
After church it was nice to spend time together again. We had a yummy dinner and some very entertaining conversations that left us laughing to the point of tears (Yoda Speaking, "Where Can I Turn for Peas?"). Sunday night we even had a visit from Doug & Debbie and some of their grandkids. I love it when the house is filled with people- it brings back lots of fun memories from when we were kids running around with cousins.

Probably the best entertainment of the trip however, came Sunday night when Tom went digging through some closets and came across some real gems of clothing from when Grandma & Grandpa's seven daughters were growing up. Cole and Tom decided to put on a fashion show for us and it was pretty dang funny. Good thing these boys are secure in their masculinity!
Monday morning I was up at 6:30am so I could catch a shuttle in Logan that would take me back to the airport in Salt Lake City. Mom drove me to Logan and I was glad to have a little more time to spend with her. I ended up sleeping most of the shuttle ride and then had my long flying trip back home. It took two flights with a 3-hour layover in between. Good thing I had a good book to read (The Help). I got home about 5:30 Monday night and even though I was tired, was so excited to see Jeff and the kids again! It was a fun weekend, but I was definitely happy to be with my family again. (Although I did come down with a case of 'post marathon depression' about 2-3 days after which left me a grumpy mama, and probably left my kids wishing I'd take off again! Good thing it didn't last too long. :)

1 comment:

Joey and Michelle Chandler Family said...

Looks like you had tons of fun with family! That's awesome you ran another marathon! I'm so impressed. I don't know how you find the time to run like that, but I think it is great! Maybe someday I could be a runner... I just wish I would have been here so you could have stayed with us! Maybe next year? ;). Looks like you guys had a fun summer. Emily looks so grown up in those back to school pictures! Her hair is coming in so cute. You've got some cute kids.