Friday, September 2, 2011

Happy Birthday Caleb

Caleb finally turned 6! This boy has been asking me how many days until his birthday since last year when he turned 5, so he's been waiting a long time! I was just sad that I wasn't there on his actual birthday. I was running the Pocatello marathon and had to fly out the night before. Good thing Jeff is so much fun! I had all the presents wrapped and ready to go and threw in a few extra fun things for everyone. Then I made Jeff promise to take lots of pictures.
For his class birthday treat, Caleb said he wanted donuts. Well, I usually prefer to make something fun and cute for the class, but with me being out of town and leaving Jeff in charge of everything- that's exactly what we did. All the kids loved having a donut for a treat.
That night Jeff let the kids get a happy meal for dinner (they're probably hoping at this point that mom will never return- I'm no where near as fun as daddy! :) After dinner they did birthday cake and presents.
Caleb got some really fun gifts from grandparents and us. He loved all the books, pajamas, and fun toys.

I love Emily's face in this picture- she just realized what one of Caleb's presents was. This girl loves HEX bugs!
We got Caleb a lightsaber toy that lights up and makes sounds, but it's not as fun with just one. So I wrapped up a couple more for Matthew & Jacob. I figured I'd let Jeff have fun with them! :) I know it was probably more out of feeling guilty for being gone than anything, but I also left a game called "Big Buck Hunting" for everyone. You just plug it into the television and play the hunting game.
Like I said before, the boys were probably hoping I'd never come back- while I was gone I left a bunch of fun things for all of them, Jeff got them happy meals at McDonalds, they went to ChuckE.Cheese and had fun playing games and spending time with dad. I'm glad they had so much fun & we had a good time celebrating again once I got home.

No comments: