skip to main |
skip to sidebar
First Day of Preschool
Caleb started preschool on Thursday, September 9th. This kid is pretty much a 'super' preschooler considering that this is his third year. Most of his friends and kids his age started kindergarten this year, but the deadline for kindergarten is September 1st and his birthday falls on the 2nd. I'm perfectly happy to keep him home one extra year though. I think it's helpful for boys to be at the older/bigger end of the spectrum, and I wasn't quite ready to send my little guy off to real school. So although I know Caleb would have loved to start kindergarten this year, I'm so happy to have him home with me for one more year.
We got really lucky with his preschool as well. When we moved to the area, that was an item at the top of my to-do list- find a good preschool. I looked around and finally found one that I really liked. It's close to our home and has been run by a local church for about 15 years. When I called, they told me they were completely full, but they would put us on a waiting list. I know someone has been looking out for us in the school department lately- because just a few days before preschool started, they called me to let me know they had a spot open up. Such a blessing!
The preschool is wonderful. Caleb goes two days a week for 2.5 hours. There are three women who run the show and they really do a fabulous job. After 15 years, they have an incredible program and do so many fun things with the kids-they really put the focus on the kids. The preschool itself is pretty amazing inside with various rooms, and different toys/stations are rotated around as they learn about different things. They also have an attached outdoor playground. The only complaint Caleb has is that they say funny prayers and end their prayers with "AAH-Men" as he puts it. It's a Christian church based preschool, and I sure don't mind. It's nice to have a spiritual aspect added to the schooling. The only problem I have now is trying to get Matthew in and out when we take Caleb- he wishes he could stay too!
2 comments:
Yay for preschool! Caleb is such a handsome little guy. And just my personal opinion, but every preschool class needs a super experienced child. It helps balance the dynamics out for sure.
Joseph's b-day is September too and I'm glad he'll be the oldest in his grade. I agree with you, it's much better (especially for boys) to be the oldest. BTW your hair looks cute curly, I like it!
Post a Comment