Our first 'real' good rainstorm and the boys were pretty excited to be out playing in it. Matthew didn't even want to stop to look at the camera.
Just for fun
Lots of playing outside, especially with bugs. Notice the praying mantis on the flower. I found it and shared it with the kids. Matthew loved watching it, then when my back was turned, he threw a rock at it and it died. Then I cried, and he got in trouble.
Emily loves to roll herself up in her blankets. I love that she still makes that funny little face!
The boys love playing baseball together. We're lacking a little on the equipment- a big plastic bat, and 2 balls- one tennis, the other racquetball. Yes, we definitely need some improvement in that area, but they love to play, even with a team of 4 players. :)
Plenty of popsicle eating this summer! Don't be fooled by that sad face, this little guy ate more than his share! I think he was just sad that I made him stop eating to take a picture!
Lots, and lots, and LOTS of playing at the park! The kids are die-hards and would beg to go even on days when it was really hot, hence lots of popsicle eating. It was fun to walk over together, and we had a blast.
The best was when Daddy could come too. I'm pretty sure he broke many rules by jumping on and off the slide, not to mention the bad example he's setting for all the little kids, but our boys thought it was pretty cool that their dad would play, and loved it when Jeff was "it."
Summer also wouldn't be complete without lots and lots of fruit! Locally grown, fresh fruit is the best! Favorites around our house include watermelon, cantaloupe- Matthew could eat a whole one by himself!, various berries, and peaches. Emily loved those peaches! She'd pretty much dive bomb after them if she saw them.
We did a pretty good job of coming up with creative projects to do. I saw this idea on another webiste, and knew it was something Matthew would love. A cute little turtle with a walnut shell.
This is an example of a typical morning shot around here. Usually we're up pretty early getting everyone fed, and Jacob off for school. When Emily gets up, I feed her and then let her play on her blanket on the floor with some toys. She doesn't stay on the blanket for long- she loves to scatter the toys around and play. It's so fun to watch her move and play and laugh in her cute little pj's.
2 comments:
I love Sunday afternoon walks too. Our church is at 8:30. It's pretty tricky getting all the kids ready by myself but nice to have all the time after church. I'm thinking 11:00 is the best.:) It looks like you live in a gorgeous place. I love the picture of Matthew and his popsicle. He is a cute kid. I would love to get he and Joseph together and just watch them play. I'm guessing it would be pretty entertaining ;).
I almost feel like I shared some of your summer! I need to hold that baby before she gets married. She is getting big TOO FAST! I just love you, Angela... you are the best!
Post a Comment