Monday, September 20, 2010

Sunday Walks

When we moved, were so excited to find out that our new ward had 9am church! For years we've always had 1pm, which usually means you stay up late on Saturday nights, put things off until Sunday morning, sleep in, spend the morning lounging around, try to find something fun for the kids to do that is also Sabbath Day appropriate, and then still rush at the end to get to church on time. Jeff was always gone for meetings so it wasn't even family time. By the time you're home from church, it's time for dinner and bedtime routine. Now I'm not trying to complain about it, there are some definite perks to late church, but we were just all very excited to see that we would finally be able to go to church early! Even better, we live right next door to the church, it's right past our front yard, so we walk every week. I love it!
I love that there is plenty of time to do things together as a family after church, even when you add church responsibilities, visits, and home teaching. One of my very favorite activities is to go for a walk as a family. Summer evenings are beautiful, and I love to spend that time with my family outside. The kids love being outdoors, Emily loves stroller rides, and I find that we end up having some great conversations together. I know we wont' always have early church that allows for walks, and obviously the weather isn't 'walk friendly' year around, but we've certainly been enjoying our walks this summer.


No comments: