skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Happy Birthday
I turned 26 on August 23rd. Crazy! I'm now closer to 30 than 20. My birthday was great. Jeff had to work, and we still only had one car so I told the boys they could choose where to go for lunch- anywhere within walking distance. They chose McDonald's with the outdoor playground, so off we went. It was a nice day for a walk and we pretty much had the playground to ourselves. Jeff ended up getting the afternoon off, so he surprised us by showing up later on too.


We enjoyed having dinner together-and it's always nice when I don't have to make it! We got some take-out from PF Changs and they even gave me the slice of cake for free! Then the boys gave me the present they picked out- a cd player. I was pretty excited since our last one died about 4 years ago. It was great!
After presents, we put a candle on the cake and everyone sang happy birthday. I've decided PF Chang's 'Great Wall of Chocolate' is the perfect sized birthday cake- just enough for everyoen to have a piece without tons of leftover cake that just sits there forever.
Emily was pretty into it- the cake that is. Even though she's young, I get the feeling she knows exactly what that cake is all about! She kept reaching for it, trying to grab it, and as you can see, one time she got lucky- for about 2 seconds. I know I'm mean- I wouldn't let her have any, she got some apple/blueberry baby food instead. :)
I had a great birthday. For me as a mom, the best part of a birthday is being able to do fun things with my kids all day and seeing how excited they are for everything. I think they're just as excited about my birthday as they are about their own. I love that! Really, my family is the best gift I could ever have! I also love all the sweet phone calls, emails, texts, and messages from friends and family. It was a great birthday! 
6 comments:
I am so glad you enjoyed your day. Especially that Jeff was able to spend more of it with you. I always like having my hubby around. Happy Birthday a little/lot late.
Happy birthday!
Happy Birthday! Looks like you had a fun day, plus what fun little people to spend a birthday with.
Happy birthday! It looks like your kids knew just how to make you happy :)
Hey! I just found your blog! You're family is just gorgeous. Happy birthday!!
Happy birthday to you...you don't look any older! You have such a cute family, I love to read about how much fun you have as a mom!
Post a Comment