Saturday, August 14, 2010

August Happenings

Just some everyday experiences...

When my mom used to tell us that all she wanted for a gift was happy, loving kids, I didn't really believe her. But now as a mom, I can fully understand and agree with her that honestly and truly the thing that makes me most happy in the world is when the kids are kind and loving to each other. There's nothing like seeing them playing happily together. I love these kids (so strange not being able to say 'boys' anymore- I can't really group Emily into that mix. :) They are the world to me! This picture was a completely candid shot and I didn't even have to force them to smile for the camera. They were just playing together and making Emily laugh. Such a perfect afternoon.

Sweet little baby. Even though it's so cute, it kind of makes me feel bad to see the picture. I guess it just pulls the heart strings. She does great at being on a schedule, she was just so tired she fell right asleep in the 2 minutes I had her in her little chair. I just had to take a picture, but then she went straight to bed.

We've loved having a pool in our apartment complex. It's been great having it right next door. Even better, it's a 24-hour pool! So we can go anytime we want. Not that we keep the kids out late, but it's nice being able to go around a flexible schedule. The kids love it!


We're all so excited when Daddy comes home from work we can hardly even wait for him to get out of the car! :) Jeff had to finish up a call about a patient and Matthew was knocking on the window saying, "Daddy! Daddy!" They started a game of chase as soon as Jeff was out!

These boys really do love their little sister. They're always bringing her toys, playing with her, hugging her, and trying to get her to smile. Sometimes I have to remind them to give her a little space! I love watching them together.


I wish pictures could do this justice. I got bit by a spider. Crazy thing is I've never even seen one in our apartment. But one night I was laying on the floor working on the computer when my arm started to burn a little. I didn't pay much attention, it was itchy but would burn if I scratched it. Over the next day it swelled up huge, and you could see two little bite marks. My arm was about twice it's normal size and it started to be painful. Just about the time that even Jeff was getting concerned about the redness & swelling and ready to prescribe some medication the swelling finally started to subside. This picture was taken at the end of the ordeal. I hate spiders!

This little girl loves to jump! I decided to sell the baby swing since it wasn't getting much use, and found a great deal on a jumper on Craigslist. We could all sit and just watch Emily go forever. She's so funny to watch and gets so excited. (Still sucking those fingers)

Caleb got this cool dinosaur from Kaden. It's been the hit toy at our house and the center of many make believe dinosaur games.
Project: Saturday.
Dinosaurs do a good job of entertaining kids while parents tackle projects.

5 comments:

teresa said...

your family is too cute for words, i'm so glad you've had such a nice summer. that bug bite is intense! i remember getting hobo bites in idaho, ouch!

Kristie McConnon said...

That is so adorable to see all 4 kids playing & laughing together! Emily is so so cute! I love the picture of her asleep in her little chair... lol That shows what a sweet and easy going baby she is :-) Can't wait to see you guys!!

Kristie McConnon said...

I almost forgot, I can't believe how swollen your arm got from that spider bite! That is crazy!

Joey and Michelle Chandler Family said...

That spider bite is crazy! That looks painful. You're lucky you have a dr. in the house that can prescribe medicine. That would be handy. Especially when you know exactly what you need. Those are some cute pictures of your kiddos. I like the "stink eye" pictures of Emily. That is a funny and cute little face. I also love it when kids entertain each other (kindly). It makes motherhood so much easier. Emily sucks the same two fingers I did when I was little.

Perfectly Imperfect said...

Are you sure it was a spider and not Jeff? Well, I guess it wasn't on your neck! Just kidding. I love when my children play nice. Really it is lifes secret joy. I hope we get to see you before you take off for WA - I did talk to your hopefully future landlady tonight. She was nice. I told her that I couldn't give you a high enough recommendation. I SO WISH you were moving here! We just love and miss you!