Caleb turned 5 on September 2nd. Holy Cow! When did my little guy get so big! When he woke up in the morning, he came running out so excited. Then he got kind of a sad look on his face. I asked him what was wrong. He said, "I don't even look 5, I just still look 4." I finally convinced him that he did look older that day. :) We had a fun day together and enjoyed celebrating his birthday. When I showed him what I had bought special for his breakfast -Lucky Charms- he told me he didn't want Lucky Charms, he wanted macaroni & cheese. Oh well, it's his birthday! So he enjoyed mac 'n cheese at 8:30 in the morning.

We played during the day and had fun at the park. For dinner, he requested pizza and breadsticks, so Jeff took the kids to pick up the food while I finished wrapping his presents. After dinner he opened presents. He had 2 requests for his birthday, a remote controlled car and a nerf gun. Fortunately they had some good sales so after doing some research (i.e. which remote controlled cars had good reviews, and run on a rechargeable battery) I found some good deals on both of the items, then a couple other little things. It was funny watching him open presents. The first present he opened was his new shirt- he thought that was great, then quickly tossed it aside. The 2nd item he opened was his pair of pants. At this point, he was ready for toys, not clothes, so his reaction was a sad face and "Oh, clothes." I thought that was pretty typical and kind of funny.



After he opened the presents, and he and Jacob tried some of them out, we got out the cake and sang happy birthday. I was pretty impressed with the cake. I am pretty much the worst cake maker ever- I'm always worried someone is going to post my cakes on that Cake Wrecks blog. But this was honestly the easiest, 'cool' cake I've seen. It was done by Family Fun magazine, and although I didn't have all the extra goodies to decorate with, Caleb was pretty darn excited with his dragon cake. The best part- it was pretty tasty too.

It was fun to celebrate Caleb's birthday. He's such an energetic, fun little boy and keeps life completely busy and exciting. Happy Birthday Caleb!
3 comments:
oh i just love caleb! we miss his adorable personality and hearing HI JAYNA! every morning. give him a huge birthday hug for us!
Bad cake maker my foot! That's awesome. I'm lucky if I can frost a sheet cake nicely. I can't believe your boy is so big! I really ought to meet him one of these days!
I'm impressed! That's an awesome cake!
Post a Comment