
(Although it was purely coincidence, I loved how our family had a patriotic red, white, & blue theme for the 4th of July!)
On Sunday, the 4th of July, we had the exciting opportunity to bless both Lilah and Emily. We had come up with the idea months before and everything ended up working out that we were able to have a double blessing day. It was so fun to be able to have the two of them blessed on the same day. I think the best thing was that we were able to have so many family members and friends there with us. With the exception of Jacob, we've blessed all our kids in Philadelphia with just our little family. It's still a special day, but it is fun to share the experience with family. We had the whole Tanner family, minus Houston. Jim & Lori Stevens, Scott & Amanda and family, Greg, Bryan & Gina and family, Jeff & Terri and family, Kenny & Mari and family, and some other friends.
Both of the girls were given sweet blessings. I am glad that others were taking notes though, because I only heard about the first 20 seconds of Emily's blessing before Caleb and Matthew decided to start a party. I spent most of the blessing wrestling with them, pulling them over the bench, and trying to get them to be quiet. For some reason, mom's 'beware glare' doesn't work as well when they're on the bench in front of you. I was a little embarrassed, but at least it was during my baby's blessing rather than someone else's. Those first 20 seconds were very special though, and I'm glad that I have some notes as to what the rest of the blessing said. * :) Such is the life of a mother of three boys.Grandma & Grandpa with their granddaughters

Grandma & Grandpa Stevens
(The really great pictures were from Dad Stevens' camera)
Daddy & Daughter

Sisters with our daughters
The Tanner Family
(and our boys are....? somewhere around the church)

All the Tanner girls

Amanda & Scott- these two do a lot behind the scenes
Isn't Eliza adorable? She is so helpful with Emily.
Cute little Aly- she and Emily will be good buddies someday! I don't know how I missed getting the Sorensons in a picture. We loved having them there!
We spent the rest of the evening enjoying time at home. We had a devotional with the kids and then put them to bed. Then we had a family testimony meeting. This was another one of my favorite parts of the reunion. * It was the perfect way to finish the final day of our reunion, and the 4th of July. A few members went down to see some fireworks, but most of us just enjoyed the evening at home visiting together and playing 'Bop-It'.
Kristie and Tom took off for home on Monday morning because Tom's mom had flown into town to visit. The rest of us had one more day to enjoy being together since everyone had work off. Mom, Lacey and I took Emily to get pictures taken at the mall, and the boys had fun playing together for a while. Jeff and my dad actually took the boys over to Kenny and Maris for horseback riding, paddle boats, raspberry picking, fishing, etc. Their home is absolutely beautiful and amazing.
It was sad to see the reunion come to an end, but it also makes us all excited for next year. Hopefully we'll have Houston & probably a new sister-in-law too. Once again, I'm so grateful for the blessing of family.
5 comments:
Great pictures. Sounds like a wonderful time with all your family!
That's so fabulous to have both girls so close in age!
Love, love, love the picture of the grandparents with their grand daughters. So Cute!
How tender is that? Didn't Jeff help with Camilla's blessing? It's hard to remember. I know I have it written down somewhere...
I love that Emily is a little older than maybe normal so that she is holding up her head and making fun faces - what a beauty! She takes after her parents!!!
When are we having and Rhinehart Stevens family reunion?
That is so cool you got to bless them on the same day! Everyone looks beautiful! It is so fun that you are able to share all these fun times with family again.
I'm sorry your boys were having a "party" during her blessing :( If you figure out a way to keep little boys calm throughout sacrament let me know....I'm not doing too good at this single mom at church thing and we have sacrament last so my boys are SO not able to sit still for very long at all and I don't know what to do about it.
Post a Comment