Saturday, July 3rd, was day 3 of the reunion. After our previous two days that were filled with activities, we were all ready to have day to kick back at home. Plus we needed to finish some things before Sunday, the 4th of July, when we would be having family and friends over. We spent most of Saturday morning working together in the yard.
I remember when I was younger, yard work wasn't exactly my first choice of activity. Like most kids, I think we tried to find a way out of it and probably did our share of complaining about it. It's funny how things change as you get older though. Now I absolutely love working with my family in the yard, and I understand why my parents used to tell us that someday we would love being able to work together as a family. They were right, and I'll probably be doing the exact same thing to my kids- hopefully they'll realize it while they're still little. It's also amazing to see how quickly all the jobs of my parent's 1.3 acre yard can be completed with 8 adults and a few kids. I've decided that someday when we have a big yard, it would be nice to live close to family so we can all do each others' yards together. I love being able to work side-by-side and see everything come together. Of course there's always time for fun amongst the jobs. Cole and Tom were having contests of who could balance a rake on their chin the longest.Matthew doing his part. I'm pretty sure his 'help' usually meant the opposite, but it's fun to have him around!

After we finished the yard work, we put out a blanket and sat out on the lawn. I love being able to just sit and talk together while we watch the kids run around. We spent the rest of the day just doing various things, making food in preparation for Sunday and enjoying each other. A few of us snuck in a nap as well. Caleb went running around with the camera and took some pictures of people. Emily and Lilah played together on a blanket.


No comments:
Post a Comment