On Friday, July 2nd, day 2 of the Tanner reunion, our main activity was ice blocking. For those not familiar with the activity, it involves taking a big ice block with a towel, to the top of a giant hill and sliding down the hill on the ice block. Simplot Hill is the best place around for ice blocking. It doesn't look like much from the pictures, but it's pretty much the Everest for the area.

(Notice my Dad and Caleb coming from behind. They nearly ran into each other about 5 seconds later. :)
It was hilarious to watch everyone go down the hill. There were some impressive races, and even more impressive wipe-outs. Fortunately we came away without any injuries, minus damaged pride. I love the combination of personalities and sense of humor of the group, it sure makes for an entertaining afternoon. I know there were lots of jokes and one-liners going around, I wish I could remember the details better. I was so impressed with our boys, they were all over that hill! I don't know how many times they went up and down. 

One of the final activities was a race up to the top of the hill. Again, I know it doesn't look like much, but my goal was just to make it to the top of the hill without stopping to walk. Cole won the race with flying colors- that boy needs to go out for cross country. I think we all needed about a 10 minute breather, then we raced down to the bottom. It's pretty funny to watch the videos my dad took. 



We finished about 3pm and then headed home. We ran some errands and everyone got ready- another one of my favorite things- getting ready with my sisters. It's fun hanging out in the bathroom getting ready together and brings back fun memories of high school times.
That night, the adults with Emily & Lilah, went out for dinner together at Cheesecake Factory. It was my 2nd time there and Jeff's 1st time. It was fun to sit down together and enjoy a yummy dinner. I think the last time we went out to eat together was 6 years ago when Jacob was about 6 months old, so it was fun to do it again. Mom and Dad Stevens were sweet enough to watch our boys for a couple hours while we went, and they had a blast fishing while we were gone. We stopped back to pick them up at 9pm. Then we got them to bed and spent the evening visiting, playing games and having fun. 




2 comments:
Sounds like the Tanner Reunion was a blast! Spending time with family is the best and you guys did some super fun stuff together. Way to go on starting such a fun tradition!
Beautiful! Fun! and DANGEROUS. Love family get togethers that don't end with a trip to the ER.
Post a Comment