With 2 (almost 3) children married, and 5 grandchildren, my parents decided that our family has hit the qualifying mark for a reunion. And thus, this was the first year of the annual Tanner family reunion. We spent some time planning dates and activities and everyone was excited to get together over the 4th of July week/weekend. The only bummer was that Houston wasn't able to make it up from his pest control job in Arizona. We were sad not to have him there and we hope it works out to have everyone together next year. Kristie and Tom got into town on Wednesday night and the reunion officially began on Thursday.
On Thursday, we had breakfast together, packed some lunches, and headed out to the pool. We spent most of the day playing in the water and enjoying the sun. It was fun to watch the kids playing with Uncle Cole and Aunt Lacey in the water. Uncle Cole can be a bit of a tease, but Jacob and Caleb can return things pretty well themselves. There were some impressive tricks off the diving board and games among everyone. Kristie and I had fun playing with our babies in the shade. Emily and Lilah did great and seemed to enjoy being outdoors as much as everyone else. I didn't have a swimming suit for Emily, but Jeff let her enjoy the water anyways. I love being able to sit back and just relax in the afternoon, having family together is the best.

Daddy and Emily

Cole, thinking he's cool.

The Sisters. We had some fun conversations together.



We could tell Matthew was tired at the end of the day.

We finally made it home about dinner time and everyone worked together to make a bbq dinner. I think some of my favorite memories are just times when we're working together in the kitchen. The kids, were pretty tired after a day of swimming, so we were able to get them in bed early and then spent the evening playing games together. It was a perfect first reunion day.

Grandpa and Grandma with the granddaughters, Emily & Lilah

2 comments:
That looks like so much fun! I bet you're way glad to be near family!
So fun. I love family reunions.
Post a Comment