Monday, September 21, 2009

Caleb's 1st Day of Preschool

Not to be left out, Caleb started his 1st day of preschool the same day Jacob started kindergarten. We were excited to find something for him to do as well. This little preschool is close to our home, and near the park, which makes it fun when we pick him up and can go play & eat lunch afterward.

Caleb chose this pose! ;)

Caleb has definitely been ready to have something fun to do. He’s been missing preschool ever since his 1st preschool ended last spring, and with Jacob being gone everyday now for kindergarten, Caleb has been ready! His preschool is on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 9am-11:30. It’s pretty convenient since I drop off Jacob at about 8:30, then I just head over to Caleb’s preschool and we play on the playground for a little while before he goes in. He also is lucky to have 5 other little friends from our ward who are in the same preschool class with him.

It's a shame, the lighting is so much better in the sun, but this is the face we get... I guess we'll just stick with the poorly lighted photos. :)

He seems to be enjoying it and loves to tell me all about the toys and games they play, and the fun projects they get to create. I love to see the pictures and crafts he colors, he’s getting really good and really enjoys coloring.

This also means that 3 days a week, for 2.5 hours, Matthew and I get to be buddies together. I enjoy being able to spend one on one time with him playing, reading books, and just being together. It feels a little strange only having one child with me, but it also makes it a little easier to run errands, although Matthew is definitely NOT the ideal shopping buddy, especially grocery shopping. I’m hoping he’ll be a little more helpful in the upcoming weeks, so we can enjoy the time before we’re joined by another little partner!

At the end of the week, I admit that I was the one who was tired and ready for the weekend! It’s busy trying to keep up with kids and all they have going on, all the while still fulfilling the regular day to day responsibilities. I enjoy it, but I also think I need to try and get more sleep, which was evident in my getting 2 cold sores within 6 days of each other. I’m grateful for weekends!


5 comments:

Alissa said...

Yay Caleb! What a big boy! Claira gets cold sores when she is stressed too, she had one the morning she woke up for her 1st day of school:)

teresa said...

so cute. i'm glad our kids are in the same class. i may need to get my preschool info from caleb though, because jayda doesn't tell me nothin!

Joey and Michelle Chandler Family said...

That's crazy we started school a whole month before you guys. That makes the summer longer (like it should be). Summer always goes by way too fast. I agree it's nice for the 2nd child to have something to do. Especially since they think they are as big as the oldest. It seems to me they each grow up a little faster than the one before.

Unknown said...

So cute! Thanks for calling tonight it is always fun to catch up with you! Miss you guys!

K'Lyn said...

Yes chica, get some sleep, rest, and relaxation! Especially since that chance will not be as available in a little while. Caleb sure is a cute pre-schooler!