Monday, September 7, 2009

Visiting the Menssens

On our way home from Outer Banks, we thought it would be fun to make a detour in Charlottesville to visit Mike, Kimber, and Tyler. We made it there on Saturday afternoon, and since it was 'National Bowling Day' we decided to show some spirit and go bowling together. The boys loved the black-light bowling and we all had fun, especially Matthew who loved running up and down the entire bowling alley. I was finally able to get him to sit still for a few minutes by pulling the 'sucker-bribe' it just didn't last long enough!


After bowling we stopped to pick up some food and pizza so we'd be all set to watch the BYU/Oklahoma football game. It was great to be with a whole house-full of fans and the game
definitely didn't disappoint! We were excited to see BYU win the game!
On Sunday morning, we had a beautiful drive to church and enjoyed the meetings. On our way home we took a short detour to walk on the University of Virginia campus and see some the of sites. After a fabulous dinner, we finished packing up and headed out. It was a pretty quick trip, but a very enjoyable one! Thanks Kimber & Mike for a great weekend! (By the time we got home, Matthew was DEFINITELY ready to be done with the carseat! :)


3 comments:

Alissa said...

So fun! I LOVE Matthew's face in the last picture!!! Kills me!

Joey and Michelle Chandler Family said...

That is a funny carseat picture and a very nice family picture. What a pretty building and a good looking family!

K'Lyn said...

That picture of Matthew is hilarious. I had to show my husband because our Hank has crazy fits in his seat. Oh Funny, funny, funny stuff. I think I need to print that and post it in my car or in my kitchen for a good daily laugh!! I am still laughing and I am sure I will start again everytime I see it!!