Jeff and I had our first date night together in a long, long time! We were excited to be able to go out, and the kids were excited to go to their friends to play.
Originally we were planning on going to Harry Potter, Jeff had even got discounted tickets. However, when we got to the theatre we found out that we couldn’t use the tickets because the movie was still too new. We didn’t want to pay the regular price, so we figured we’d hang onto the tickets and do something else that night.
We ended up going miniature golfing, and had a fun time. It’s a nice little course, not too far from our house, and actually not too busy. It’s fun to be able to spend time together, just the two of you. It’s fun to be laid-back and carefree for a little while. Jeff and I both had a hole in one on the 8th hole. I ended up with the winning score after 18-holes, Jeff had to check the scorecard of course and then questioned my score-keeping…I told him that maybe he should carry the card & pencil around the next time and do it himself. ;)
We stopped by to pick up a water ice to share for dessert, and then we dropped by Redbox to pick up a movie for that night. I actually convinced Jeff to watch ‘Twilight’ with me, and much to my surprise, he enjoyed it and thought it was a good movie. That’s about as close to a chick-flick as I can get Jeff!
After those couple stops, we made it back to our friends’ house to pick up the kiddies. Of course they were having a blast and didn’t want to come home, so we stayed and visited for a little while. I’m just glad to be able to have a night out together every now and then. It’s definitely something to look forward to!
3 comments:
Jeff sounds a lot like Ben with the score keeping! ha ha! Can't stand to lose to a woman;) You guys are so cute! Looks like you had a blast!
the picture of jeff checking the score card cracks me up! how fun, we'll have to check out the mini golf soon. i'm glad you guys had a fun night out!
That's hilarious Jeff had to recount the scorecard :) I made Ben watch Twilight and he actually like it too! Do you think you can drag Jeff to the sequel?
Post a Comment