This past week Caleb was playing goalie and made some great saves. Jut look at that massive group of kids- I was impressed he was able to stop the ball with that big of a force behind it!
When Jacob went out with his group to get stretched and warmed up, Matthew decided that it was his turn too. The next thing we knew, Matthew was sitting out with the group doing the stretches with them. It was pretty funny. I sent Jeff out to take a picture while I sat on the sideline and watched. Matthew really does think he’s just one of the big kids.
It was fun to watch Jacob’s practice and especially the game at the end. His age group is all boys from 5-9 so there are some boys that are much older and much bigger. It was kind of funny because for the game, the coach ended up putting the three smallest/youngest against the three oldest/biggest. Jacob actually surprised me though, because he went right out and took the ball and took it down to the goal. He’s getting a lot more aggressive about going after the ball. You can see in the picture that he’s got the ball while he’s surrounded by much older boys.
I enjoy the program, especially that it’s meant to be for fun and isn’t as competitive as other soccer clubs. The coaches are a lot of fun, we especially enjoy Julie who also happens to be in our ward. It's been such a fun experience for the whole family.Jacob’s really enjoyed having his friend Julian play with him too. These two were in preschool together and they’ll be in kindergarten together too.
3 comments:
How fun! I'm actually excited to be a soccer mom, mini-van and all! :)
Fun! The boys look so cute. I wish I had gotten a membership and signed my boys up.
Hello little Jacob/Jeff! How cute is he? You know, once your kids start playing sports - it's the end of them being little! sigh.
Post a Comment