Sunday, July 5, 2009

4th of July

Our 4th of July celebration was great this year. It's always fun to celebrate, but this was the first time in a couple years that we actually didn't get rained on at any point during the day.
In the morning we met up with friends at the park for a BBQ. It's always fun to have a good excuse to get the families together for an afternoon. The kids love running around the park together too. One of my favorite parts about this year was the softball game. I haven't played in a long time and I've missed it; it was such a blast. We didn't end up leaving until late in the afternoon, and then headed home for some quiet time.
Later on that evening we left to go see the fireworks. We stopped by our friends house first to do some little fireworks with our kids- they loved watching them, and lighting an endless amount of sparklers. Afterward we went to see if we could still catch the downtown fireworks. This was the first time over the past few years that we didn't go right downtown. We found a nice little area not too far from our home. It's not quite the same watching from a distance, I miss hearing the noise, but it was sure nice to pick up afterward and be home in 15 minutes instead of the normal hour & a half.
It was such a nice way to spend the 4th of July. It sure makes us grateful for liberty, a wonderful country, and wonderful friends.

4 comments:

Stefanie Cross said...

Looks like you had fun! We miss you guys too! And we miss Logan Ward! Tell everyone his from us!

Joey and Michelle Chandler Family said...

A good softball game sounds like fun! I haven't played forever either. I totally agree with the comment you left on my blog. It's crazy how busy summer is and how I slack so much in the posting area. But, I agree, we're out living life right now instead of just blogging about it. Hershey Park looked like fun! You guys have so many cool places to visit out there. I agree that our kids seem a lot alike, and we are in the same stage of life with our 3 little ones. It would be soo fun to get them together someday! It's fun to see you pictures of the beautiful you and your cute family.

Alissa said...

Looks like you had a blast! I LOVE the 4th! FUN!

Tammy and Brian Family said...

Wow, what a fun family day! Looks like you all had a fabulous 4th of July!