On Wednesday we finally made our first trip out to the beach this year. I can’t believe it’s taken us so long. Of course, we’ve been gone a lot of the summer and the weather over the past month hasn’t exactly been cooperative, but once we were out enjoying the warm sand and water I couldn’t believe it had taken us so long. We love it and we’ve missed it!
We went with a big group of friends for a playgroup. Some people might think we’re crazy, a few moms with 20+ kids; but it works out great. The kids love playing together and usually keep themselves entertained. (Plus if we stake out a spot early enough, we get the area to ourselves since no one else wants to come and sit next to such a big group.)

We left about
Jacob and Caleb had a blast playing the sand, building castles, digging pits, playing in the water and bodysurfing.
Matthew mostly liked playing in the sand, destroying sand castles, sitting in the big dug-out holes, and even getting into the water a little bit at the end. Of course, he also thought it was fun to run down the beach which meant I had to chase him a few times, but for the most part he was pretty good.
(Most of the moms in the group, we're missing a couple)
Even though we stayed for a good amount of the day, it was still hard to convince the boys that it was time to go home. The drive home was nice. Caleb and Matthew pretty much conked out for most of it. Jacob was my little buddy and we visited the whole way home. We were all excited to see Daddy when he got home, and hope he’ll be able to join us next time. Hopefully it won’t be too long before next time!

5 comments:
Looks like a lot of fun in the sun!! Your boys are so cute i need to meet them sometime! :) what beach did you guys go to? we're thinking about going to the beach this weekend.
That's awesome you live close to the beach! I always thought it would be fun to live close to one. How long does it take you to get there? Looks like tons of fun. I love taking my kids swimming 'cause it's fun for them and I get to work on my tan :).
Thanks for the great pictures! I swiped a couple :) So glad you guys were able to make it!
I had such a blast, the weather couldn't have been better!
Live it up at the beach while you live so close. I miss it so much
Post a Comment