Sunday, April 19, 2009

On the Move Again

I haven’t had much time to write lately. Once again we’re packing up and getting ready to move, and once again we still don’t know for sure where we’re moving to. Only this time, we also have a trip at the same time. We’ll literally be ‘homeless’ when we leave for the trip…fun times. I will fly out early to spend some extra time with family since Jeff only gets so much time off work, but that also means I’m flying alone with the three boys on the 8 hour trip. It’ll be interesting to see how that goes, especially considering that an hour sacrament meeting just about pushes the maximum limit. Maybe I should just take some benadryl for myself! We’re so excited to see our families though, it’s been over a year since we’ve been home and our kids can’t wait.


In other fun news…I have two cousins who found out that they would be coming to our area to sell security systems. My cousin Danny and his wife Branae, and my cousin Tiffany and her husband Kolby will be here in the area all summer long! I’m SO excited! Of course the husbands have to be gone long hours working most of the day, which isn’t great, but that does leave lots of time to spend with the girls! I’m so excited. In fact, on Saturday I was able to go up and get Tiff (Branae had to work Sat) and after she showed us her cute new apartment, she came and spent most of the day with us. Jeff had a big exam Saturday morning and afternoon so he was gone too. So Tiff and the boys and I ran around running errands and introducing Tiffany to some of the fun parts of city life; pretzels, water ice, row homes, accents, etc. It’s been forever since I’ve seen Tiff, so we had lots of catching up to do. The boys absolutely loved her! Matthew especially decided that he’d found his new best friend was continually attached to her side. Later on in the afternoon we headed back home and met Jeff who had finally come home after his exam. I did some packing while we visited, and then Tiff was sweet enough to stay with the boys for a little bit while Jeff and I make a quick trip to the storage unit to try and locate a few things before our trip home. We had lots of fun visiting and hanging out together. We finished off the night with pizza and dessert, and then Matthew came with me to take Tiff home to meet Kolby after his long day. It was so much fun and left us excited for all the fun times we’ll have in the future!

9 comments:

teresa said...

That's so great, nothing is better then having familiar faces back here! And PLEASE let us know if we can help when it does come time to move. You know...Henry has some good apartments :-). I hope you have a blast on your trip!

Stefanie Cross said...

Our house is available end of June! It is a cute little place. And the rent is pretty good and lots of storage space and a little backyard! Hope you have fun on your trip! We are going to miss you guys! Ted had fun with Jeff last night!

Karissa said...

Yikes! It would be tough to pack up and leave without a place to go! I'm glad you get a vacation though - that's so great =)

Anonymous said...

As I have been packing I have thought a lot about you and wonder how you do this so often. I think you should start your own moving company.

sara cardon said...

I'm sorry for being homeless!! That's no fun!! But having family around really is the best--I'm jealous.:) Good luck on the plane---you are brave!!

Perfectly Imperfect said...

You have gone through so much and this is one more thing getting you closer to the end - when you can move next to US! We'll make sure you aren't homeless!!! Weren't we your first home as a married couple? Good times.

Alissa said...

Have fun on your trip! How exciting that you get to have so many relatives close by!!! FUN! Good luck finding a place to live:)

Joey and Michelle Chandler Family said...

Have fun on your vacation and visiting family!!! It was fun seeing Tiff on your blog!

Kari said...

Angela, you are so patient & great at wearing the "Rose-Colored" glasses! That made me Laugh your coments on sacrament & you taking Benadryl for the plane ride. Best of Luck with EVERYTHING! It would be Awesome to run up to Boise to hang out with you! I know that the kids loved the zoo & we are hoping to make it to the discovery museum. Hope to see you soon!