Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Easter & Happy Birthday Jeff


Happy Easter, and Happy Birthday Jeff! Today was a special day for a few reasons! It was fun to be able to celebrate the two events together. First, the Easter part; we really didn’t do too much for Easter today other than go to church and spend time talking about the real meaning of Easter. I’m grateful the kids have a knowledge and appreciation of the real meaning. (And happy that they had their ‘sugar’ day on Saturday instead of Sunday!) It was a nice morning with a yummy French toast breakfast to celebrate Easter and Jeff’s 32nd birthday.

Church was great. The sacrament program was wonderful and there was a really nice spirit present. I was filling in for the Primary chorister and was a little apprehensive about how the kids would be. Sometimes you come to dread Easter Sunday in Primary because all the kids come so hyped up on sugar, but I was very pleasantly surprised. It was a great day, and the kids all did so well.

After church we came home to a delicious turkey dinner. I did a turkey breast in the crockpot today, and it was the best turkey I’ve had in a long long time! We enjoyed the dinner, and then it was time for Jeff to open his gifts. Some years it’s hard to come up with great, exciting presents, but I was able to come up with some fun gifts this year. Jeff got a swimsuit, a t-shirt, a couple pairs of needed dress shoes, a waffle maker, some awesome Teva sandals, and an Iron Gym exercise bar. Some of the gifts should come in handy for our upcoming trip to Mexico.

We finished off the night with brownies and ice cream. I couldn’t find the candles anywhere so I thought it would be fun to just put 32 matches in the brownies. They definitely don’t burn well like candles, and they burn out fast, but it was amusing and fun for the kids.

We had a great night together. Happy Birthday Jeff! We all love you so much and we’re all so grateful for you!

6 comments:

Amanda Stevens said...

Happy Birthday Jeffy! 32 is a great year. We all hope you had a nice day as a family and that you still feel young and vibrant. We spent the weekend, more or less, in Reno. Grandma Forman gave a beautiful farewell and Rachel sang. Gina and David drove with us. It was fast but really worth it! The time is tick tocking away and you guys will be sitting on sandy beaches before you know it.

teresa said...

You did a great job chorister-ing! Happy birthday to Jeff, and I'm glad your family had such a good Easter!

Joey and Michelle Chandler Family said...

Happy Birthday Jeff! I like the matches idea...very inventive and I'm sure as you said, entertaining!

The Tanners said...

Love you Jeff and Happy Birthday! We will catch you on the phone! Sorry we didn't get through yesterday. What a wonderful Son you are! We love you tons and can't wait to see you & your family!
Love,
Mom Tanner

Sorenson family trio said...

Happy Birthday Jeff. We love you and hope you had a great birthday. We lookforward to seeing your wonderful family in a week or so.
Love,
Gina

Perfectly Imperfect said...

32? MAN! It seems like yesterday when we were celebrating with you. Yeah for Jeff! Yeah for Easter! Yeah for Angela and Heather - I don't know why - but I'm sure we deserve it!