Tuesday, September 9, 2008

First Day of Preschool




It’s that time again, the kids are headed back to school…preschool in our case. I love the feeling in the air, the school supplies in the store, the cooler weather, and all the fun things that go along with the change of the season. (My husband would insist that I add football along with that list :)

This year, Jacob is headed back for his 2nd year; and Caleb is starting for the very first time. I was excited when they decided to do another class for the younger kids. Both boys have been excited for this for a long time. I’m excited for them too, and I’m especially glad that I only have to give them up for a couple hours, two times a week. Caleb goes in the morning from 9:30-11:45, and Jacob goes from 12-2:15. It does make it a bit of a juggling act to go back and forth, all the while trying to fit in errands, and schedule Matthew’s naps. But it’s worked out pretty well so far, it just requires planning.

It was fun to go with Caleb for the first 30 minutes of his class. He definitely seemed more interested in playing with all the fun toys than sitting and listening- but I think he’ll catch on to the hang of it. He’s been watching Jacob do this for a year, and he’s pretty excited that it’s finally his turn. He was lucky enough to get to celebrate his birthday on the first day of preschool. He got to bring in his birthday poster and birthday treats for all of his friends- we did the “dirt” cups with oreos, pudding, and of course gummy worms.

It was certainly a fun first day of preschool for both of the boys. (Matthew enjoyed it too:)


(Jacob's Class)


(Caleb's Class)

2 comments:

harrisfamily said...

Brad just started too. It is a very structured preschool which will be good, but it is a whole new experience to our preschool in Philly at St. Peters. It was much more laid back. Brad is just excited to be out of the house and away from his boring mom!!!!

Caity said...

It looks a really nice preschool! That is so great that they are so excited.