Sunday, September 7, 2008

Rainy Day People


I love a good rainy day every now & then. We haven't had much this summer, but with hurricane season in full force we're experiencing some of the aftermath. It POURED all day today. Sometimes lightly and other times in torrential downpours. I wish I would have taken my own picture. We have a couple buckets on our porch that were filled with about 7 inches of water this evening. We had plans to go out today, but instead decided to stay home and enjoy our cozy little apartment with its awesome views of the rain through our big porch window/door. The boys loved it. One of my favorite memories from today- I stood outside the door for a minute with Matthew- it was fun to watch him crinkling up his nose, looking all around, trying to figure out where in the world all the water was coming from.
We did chores in the morning, and watched a movie together after lunch. When Jeff went to the priesthood session of stake conference, the boys and I had fun playing with playdough, opening all our windows to hear & smell the rain, and having dinner together. I love warm, sunny weather, but there's nothing better than a good rainy day every once in a while...especially when you can spend it at home with your family. We're definitely, "Rainy Day People." (and Gordon Lightfoot fans too)

1 comment:

Monte and Brittany said...

I love the rain too! i remember going out once when it was pouring and cole just loved it!! you are such a good mom!