Sunday, May 11, 2008

Week In Review

This past week has been a very busy and very fun. I love this beautiful Spring weather, it’s so nice to be outside and there’s always lots to do.

Sunday after church we had some friends, the Ritters, over for dinner. Always a fun excuse to be with friends and enjoy the evening together.

Monday a good friend, Reina Barton, held a “Cinco De Mayo” party at her house. There were lots of people to celebrate with and the kids had a blast. They colored pictures, made musical instruments out of beans and danced to the Spanish music. Everyone brought some food and we had a yummy lunch of taco salad. My favorite part was definitely the yummy homemade salsa that Reina made. After lunch she even had a couple piñatas for the kids. They were great and Jacob only got hit in the face once! It was super sweet of Reina, and everyone had a great time.

Tuesday was preschool for Jacob. It was a pretty standard day, but I got a lot accomplished at home.

Wednesday was a pretty normal day, but that evening we had a picnic for everyone as one last get together before all the senior dental students leave. We met up at Miles Park for dinner and everyone brought dessert to share. The park was great because the kids could run around and play together and the adults could visit. I forgot my camera, but luckily a few others took some pictures. The night was great, but I do have to say that one of the highlights of the evening was after the picnic was over. Some of our friends just got a new(new for them) car and it happens to be a convertible. Debbie Palmer and I were walking with our families back to our cars when Kristen & Annette came driving around the parking lot in the convertible together. They called over to us to join them, so our husbands-being the sweet, thoughtful men that they are- told us to hop in. (3 of the 4 of us live in the same complex anyway) So the dads drove with the kids back and the four of us went for a drive in the convertible, top down, hair flying, music rocking….the whole bit. Sometimes it’s fun to have that little moment of “I-feel-like-a-teenager-again” freedom. We all have children and busy lives as mothers-we wouldn’t have it any other way, but it was fun to go for a little drive just us girls! Who knows…maybe we’ll plan a little Atlantic City trip sometime!

Thursday was preschool again for Jacob and errand day for the rest of us. I’ve been at the post office a lot lately. Jeff bought a big lot of Adidas tennis items off Ebay, 67 items to be exact- including shirts, tank tops, and skorts. It was actually a good investment, we’ve made back the money plus extra and I’ve gotten quite a few more workout/tennis clothes because of it.

Friday was a pretty rainy day and it was nice to just stay home. Jacob and Caleb got to play with some friends, Colin & Brannon during the afternoon. They had a blast playing hide-and-seek, playing with trains and cars, and just running around. At one point, it was so sweet, I caught Jacob and Colin sitting on the piano bench going through the children’s songbook singing primary songs. They sounded pretty good together! Anyway, they all had a good time. Friday night, after putting the boys to bed, Jeff and I were able to spend time reading together. We thought it would be fun to read the Chronicles of Narnia series together and picked up the set from the library last week. We’ve gotten about halfway through the first book so far and have really been enjoying it. Friday night I worked on some Mother’s day gifts while Jeff read outloud.

Saturday morning Robyn and I got in a 9 ½ mile run. I also had a friend, Amy, who’s trying to get her Step teacher’s certification, so I went to her Step class at 10. Jeff had to go to the hospital to see some patients that afternoon, so the boys and I did things around the house. That night Jeff and I did a popcorn and movie night.

This week has also been busy because I finally decided to go move forward full force with the potty training with Caleb. I figured it was time to just go with the underwear. The first couple days were a little rough, I think I washed about 10 pairs of underwear the first day alone. But I’m pleased that he’s been making great progress and he’s had a few days with only one accident. He’s done great even when running errands or sleeping through the night. I’m just hoping he’ll continue to do better each day. I’m proud of him, and ‘knock-on-wood’ he’s really been a pretty good little boy to potty train.

1 comment:

jor said...

Those are cute pictures. My boys had a lot of fun. Your mothers day pictures are really cute too! Such good looking boys and a beautiful mom!