
Matthew had his 6 month Dr's visit this past week. He weighed in at 17 pounds 8 ounces (50th percentile) which I was surprised at considering how chubby his cute little legs are...I wonder what those 90th percentile babies look like! And he was 27.5 inches tall (90th percentile). So apparently he's staying right on track with his growth.
First of all, it was a little sad. When I called the schedule the appointment, they asked me which doctor I would like to see. I told them that I'd like to see Dr Cohen since she's the one we've been with the whole time. Then the nurse tells me that Dr Cohen is retired. Apparently she retired at the beginning of the month. Sad. So I was scheduled with another new doctor, Dr. Tyrala. I was very fortunate, with Dr Cohen retiring they've have a busy schedule and told me they wouldn't be able to get Matthew in until May 29th!! Um....he'd be closer to 8 months at that point. Luckily they had a cancellation and I got in Wednesday.I was actually very impressed with Dr Tyrala, she's been a neonatologist for 25 years, so she very specialized in babies and knows her stuff. She was very personable and I really enjoyed her. I'm glad because I really wasn't in the mood to go searching for a new pediatrician, not to mention getting all the boys' records transfered to a new office!
Anyway the appointment went well, Matthew was such a sweetie and Dr Tyrala thought he looked fabulous. He kept trying to grab her tools, and actually caught hold of the nurses' tags and tools a couple times. He's definitely a curious little guy who LOVES to grab a hold of anything. It was also a fun visit because Matthew and I went by ourselves, my good friend Robyn watched Jacob & Caleb for the visit, so I was able to enjoy Matthew all by myself. It was great!
1 comment:
SO cute! He's less than a pound away from Kate and she's 13 months old - LOL. SO glad you found a new ped that you love.
Post a Comment