
So along with the half marathon, we figured it would be fun to do a little sight seeing in New York while we were there. The race started on Coney Island and ended in Prospect Park. After the race was over, we packed up and drove back down to Coney Island and made a stop at Nathan's Famous Hotdogs, the home of the famous national *Hot Dog Eating Contest* to try one of their famous dogs. It was fun and the atmosphere was great. The hot dogs were good, not necessarily the most amazing hot dogs I've ever had- tasted pretty similar to others:) but still good nonetheless. The boys had fun eating their food, but mostly running around with their friends Colin, Brannon, and Berlynn. The nice thing was that it was pretty noisy anyway so no one noticed a few cute, but rambunctious kids running around.From Nathan's we headed out to enjoy some of the entertainment of Coney Island. It was a little more shabby that I had expected, but still fun. We went to this little amusement park for kids and bought tickets for some rides. Even though the weather had gotten pretty chilly at this point, the boys loved it. They rode on the carousel, a train, some whales, spaceships, and monster trucks. 

Matthew was an absolute angel the entire time. Poor little guy didn't get much of a nap, and it was cold enough that his little lips went purple even with his warm clothes, fleece and blanket. The only time he cried was right after I finished the race when he saw me for the first time- he was pretty hungry, but even then it didn't take long before he was a sweet happy little guy again. This picture pretty much shows how he was, not demanding much, just happy to be there with everyone.
By 3:00 we were all pretty tired and ready to head home. It was such a fun day and more than anything I'm glad we were able to enjoy it with some of our friends, but especially enjoy it together as a family.


2 comments:
I love the boys faces in the hotdog picture. So funny!!
Hey Ang! I decided to make my blog private, so if you send me your e-mail address I can "invite" you to look at my blog. Send me your e-mail to jmchandler02@msn.com. Sorry for the pain!
Post a Comment