Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Springtime Fun

This morning for playgroup we went to the Smith playhouse again. We got lucky today and had absolutely beautiful weather and spent all of our time outside on the play equipment and slide. They boys really love all the different swings and rides. Today their favorite was the big tree slide. It’s a big old wooden slide that’s been formed around a tree. Each child takes up a gunny sack to slide down on. The outdoor playground is closed during the winter months so it’s been a little while since we’ve been out there to play. This was the first time that Caleb was able to go down by himself and he loved it! In fact, I walked up with him the first time to help him and show him what to do. I shouldn’t have even bothered; Caleb ran up way ahead of me and was straightening out his sack and going down before I even made it to him. He’s such a little dare devil with absolutely no fear-I loved watching his face. Jacob loved the slide too and had fun running up and sliding down with friends. Matthew just enjoyed being outside. And I always love being able to visit with great friends.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

That looks like a ton of fun!!

Caity said...

Man, I would love to do that! Forget the kids :) jk. I am really wishing I lived closer to fun places like that. For the kids of course. You are an awesome mom!

Melinda H. said...

Angela, thank you for posting some pictures of Smith. We left Philly about the time they announced that they were going to re-do the playground. It looks like a lot of fun. Hunter went to pre-school there for 2 years and I really love that place. You did so great on the 1/2 marathon! Especially since you said you didn't train for that long. Robyn is running another one as soon as she gets to Anchorage. It would be fun to run all together. Greg said he stumbled onto your blog and wanted me to tell you that your boys are really cute.

Jenn S. said...

One of my favorite things about Philly - we love that slide!

Tonya said...

Your boys are so cute... and you always have great pictures! It's fun to come check out updates on your family. :)