Saturday, December 8, 2007

Weekly Happenings

Matthew had his 6 week visit this past week. He was 22.5 inches long and weighed in at 11lbs 4oz. All around a perfectly average little guy. He's really growing up. He's starting to smile at us and coo and talk. I love it!
We've also come to realize that Matthew really does NOT enjoy baths! In fact it's a pretty painful experience for Matthew as well as our ears. It's one of those areas where Jeff and I are playing 'Paper-Rocks-Scissors' to see who has to give him his bath! I've decided that sponge baths are the way to go, at least for a few more weeks until he starts to enjoy actually being in the water.
He's starting to sleep a little better and actually did about a 6-hour stretch.
Now I just need to get to bed earlier & enjoy that sleeping time! The Christmas season is busy enough that I find myself trying to work on Christmas presents every minute possible while the boys are sleeping; which means I stay up way too late. Anyway, the goal is to get everything finished as soon as possible & shipped. I wish I could post pictures of things I'm working on but... can't give away the surprises just yet!

More to Follow... I'm going to take advantage of the time while Matthew's sleeping to work on gifts...

Also, we finally took a new family photo. Cute, not ideal, but neither were the circumstances. We'd been out all day, it was freezing (literally- 32 degrees) cold, and we didn't have a lot of time with daylight, before the ward party, or with our kids temperaments. I think this was the last photo we took. Poor kids were freezing, I especially felt bad for sweet little Matthew. They were sure good sports, especially with a promise of hot chocolate once the process was over!

No comments: