Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Our day today...

Today was a Tuesday and yet another day for Jeff to be on call. It’s amazing to think he’s already on another month. Those elective months just go by way too fast! We have been lucky though, Jeff had a three day weekend which was really nice. So we'll miss him today until tomorrow afternoon.

I decided to try and just keep as busy today as possible and squeeze in a few fun things for the boys. This morning we started out with a trip to the post office.

Side Note: I came across some ink cartridges, normally $37, that were only $3. I decided to check them out on ebay, and then bought 8 cartridges. I listed them on ebay, and they’ve sold for about $45 a pair (with shipping). Anyway, it’s been fun to have some money for extra things, like a new pair of needed Sunday shoes for Jacob, a pair of maternity jeans that are actually long enough & look cute, etc. Anyway, that's what the trip to the post office was for this morning, I had to ship another package. And let me just say how much I love being able to print shipping labels online! I love being able to just walk in & set my package on the counter without having to wait in line with very impatient 3 & 1.5 year olds! After selling things at Christmas time & having to deal with 45 minute lines, I decided that was it! No more lines at the post office for me!

After the post office we made a quick trip to the store to pick up a couple little toys. Yesterday while picking out a toy for Cole’s birthday party, Jacob found a little fishing set with the magnetic fish & pole that I let him have. It was an instant hit, the only problem was that both Jacob & Caleb wanted it, and it was causing some problems. We’re still working on sharing better! Anyway, it was $2 for the set, so I decided to just go back and get a couple more. They’re fun toys & great for baths anyway.

After the store, we went to the gym. I’m trying to take advantage of all the time I can before I get too big to be at the gym without getting too many looks. I’m not showing yet, so right now is perfect time. I enjoy it too. Even though it’s a workout, I always feel so much better & have so much more energy when I do go. I think it’s a nice break for the boys as well, they enjoy playing at the daycare for the most part. Lately it’s taken some persuasion to get Jacob to want to go, but he always ends up having a good time.

When we were done at the gym it was time for lunch & a nap for Caleb. Jacob then played with his fish in a bowl of water while I got some things done during Caleb’s nap. I also had someone come to pick up a chandelier that I sold on craigslist. The owner of our house had put it in brand new when we moved in, but we went with brushed nickel fixtures, so the other light went bye bye. We did a few more miscellaneous things, and then when Caleb woke up we went on another quick trip to the store to get a few things.

After the trip we had to hurry home again because there was another lady who was stopping by to pick up another fan/light I was getting rid of. It’s so nice to get rid of things in the garage!

We then had a quick & easy dinner. On nights when Jeff is on-call, we usually do fun simple dinners. Many nights it’s “Breakfast” for dinner. Tonight, Jacob really wanted corn dogs he had seen at the store, so he & Caleb had corndogs with peas & apples. I had a subway sandwich-gotta love Subway’s $2.49 Tuesday deals- And then to enjoy the rest of the day, we went to the park to play for about an hour. Both boys love getting out & there is a great park just minutes from our house. It had cooled down enough that the weather was nice & it was a perfect time to be at the park. Their favorite activity tonight was racing up the big playground & down the big tunnel slide. I love it when they play well together. We finished off at the swings, and went home for Popsicles & a much-needed bath. And finally it was time for bedtime! I had great plans of scrapbooking tonight, but I think I might just call it a day & go to bed early myself! Hopefully Jeff has a good night tonight & gets some sleep! I know the boys are excited to see him, almost as much as me!

No comments: