I always love the ultrasounds-it kind of reminds me of Christmas morning as a child. It's hard to wait and feels like it will never come. I always feel a little nervous as well as excited- you hope that you can find out what you're having, you hope that everything looks good and that the baby is growing the way they should be. I'm always grateful when Jeff can be there with me- it calms my nerves!
We didn't have to wait too long before they called us back and started the ultrasound. They asked us right off if we wanted to know what we were having- and of course we told them yes! They tried to do a quick peek, but baby wasn't cooperating, so they did all the measurements and looked at all the parts, organs, bones, etc. Everything looked good- which is always such a relief and blessing. Then they did another check and this time baby cooperated, so they were able to see that we are indeed having a
Baby Girl!!
We were all so excited! Emily kept saying, "I'm going to have a baby sister!" I'm pretty sure she doesn't know exactly what it means-it'll hit soon enough:)- but she was excited. Matthew said, "I knew it!" and Jeff and I were just so grateful for a sweet, healthy baby.Once we left, it was fun to start making the phone calls. I also met up with Tania, Heidi, Hazel, & Wendy for lunch and they were excited to hear the news. Then of course, you have to make it official on Facebook and Instagram- and it's fun to see all the comments. Everyone was excited for us and we are just absolutely thrilled to be welcoming another sweet baby girl to our family! Now for a name...


No comments:
Post a Comment