Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day 2013

 I had a sweet Mother's Day this year. Life is definitely busy with five kids including a 1-month old baby, but nothing seemed more fitting than celebrating Mother's Day with the five wonderful blessings that made me a mother. I made everyone take a couple pictures before we went to church. I don't think everyone was too pleased, but Jeff helped with the encouragement because I think he knows how much the pictures mean to me!

Our sweet little Courtney- just one month old.
 I did snap a couple pictures at church with my phone. Courtney is still at the age where she spends most of her carseat time asleep. I love watching her sleep, but I also love the chance to hold her. Often times it gets busy enough in Primary that I don't get to hold her much on Sundays. Jeff sure doesn't mind- he loves having his baby daughter with him too. But every once in a while, there is enough time between everything else that I get a chance to keep Courtney with me. I love every chance I can get!

 She is definitely loved by many!
 On Mother's Day, I really only want two things- a picture with my kids and a chance to take a nap. Those two things are sure to make a happy mom. (Although-not having to make dinner is right up there too!) I got lucky this year, and Courtney and I were able to catch a quick afternoon nap after church. I love seeing this sweet little face when she wakes up.
 It ended up being such a beautiful day that we decided to take a walk as a family that afternoon. My friend (neighbor) Tania let me borrow her double stroller which worked perfect for the girls. We loaded them up in the stroller, the boys rode their bikes, and we went for a nice walk around the neighborhood.




When we finally made our way back home, Jeff fired up the grill and made us all a delicious dinner of steak, potatoes and grilled vegetables. We were laughing when we talked to the kids- we were telling Matthew that he wouldn't be able to eat peanut butter sandwiches at school because they don't allow nuts. We asked him what he would like to take in his lunches. He nonchalantly replied, "steak." Jeff and I got a kick out of that one.
I was so grateful for a wonderful Mother's Day that I was able to spend with my sweet family. They mean the world to me. I am so grateful to be a wife and a mother.

No comments: