Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Courtney's Blessing Day

 While Grandma and Grandpa Stevens were visiting, we were able to have Courtney blessed in our ward. We were so glad that they could be here for such a special day. It ended up being quite the Sunday- first we had the baby blessing, then I was called as the primary president. I was excited for one, and nervous for the other. We were just glad that Mom & Dad Stevens could share the day with us. Especially because it's much easier getting everyone up and ready for church when grandma and grandpa are there! We have 9am church, but we made it to church 15 minutes early and we even had enough time to take a few pictures before we left. We took some afterwards as well, but I was worried that Courtney's white blessing dress might not make it through all the meetings without something happening, so we made sure to take a few beforehand.









My sweet Grandma and Grandpa Tanner sent us some money when Courtney was born so that we could get something that she needed. When you have a baby, there are many places for money to go...um, can you say diapers? But I wanted it to be a more meaningful gift. I found this beautiful blessing dress at JCPenny's and knew it was perfect. I know Grandma and Grandpa Tanner would have loved to have been able to be at the blessing, but it's not really an option for most of our family when we live so far away. I know that all of them would love to be here. I love that Courtney will always know that her beautiful blessing dress came from her sweet Great Grandma and Grandpa Tanner. They weren't here in person, but definitely in spirit.
The beautiful colored quilt was a gift for Courtney from Mom and Dad Stevens.  It's been a special blanket- used as a backdrop in her blessing pictures and nearly every other day of Courtney's life as well! I love it and love that it reminds us of grandma and grandpa too.

Jeff gave Courtney a beautiful blessing.
I wasn't able to write everything- it's tricky when you're also holding a 3-year old, but I was able to write down a few parts of her blessing. 

Courtney Ann Stevens 
(after her Great Great Grandma Annie Hiller; and after me, her mother Angela)
"You are a sweet and loving spirit. You will have a desire to know of truth and light. You will have the spirit of love and share it with friends and family around you. You will be directly guided to do the Lord's work. You will have a desire to bring all your worldly brothers and sisters to it, and to know of their Heavenly Father. You will have a spirit of peace that will be felt by all her know you. You will be a peacemaker, and show love and patience to bless those around you.  
You will be blessed to receive all of the opportunities and blessings the gospel gives- the blessing of baptism, receiving your endowments, marriage to a worthy young man and the blessing of being sealed in the temple for time and all eternity.
You will have a great knowledge of Heavenly Father's love for you. You will know that you are a daughter of God and this knowledge will carry you through times of difficulty.
As you go throughout your life, you will look for opportunities to serve others. As you look for opportunities, you will feel the love of your Heavenly Father."

I am so grateful for this beautiful, precious daughter. I feel so incredibly blessed to be her mother. She is such a blessing to our family. It was such a special, wonderful, beautiful day and I'm so grateful we were able to share it with Mom and Dad Stevens.




No comments: