Monday, May 13, 2013

Girls Nights & Good Friends

I feel lucky to live in an area with so many wonderful friends. Between neighbors, church friends, gym friends, and parents of our kids' friends I feel surrounded by so many wonderful, kind, thoughtful, amazing women. Some, members of our church, and others not. We miss being by our families, and don't get to spend nearly as much time with them as we would like, but if we can't have our families near, then wonderful friends are the next best thing. 
During April and May, we had a couple girls nights- one for a book club and a second for a going-away night. Funny enough, it was the same eight women from the ward, but that was just who happened to be able to make it both nights and there were many more couldn't make it.
The second picture was the get together on April 18th, just over a week after Courtney was born. It was actually the day that Mom was supposed to fly in. She ended up not making it because of all the weather delays- I was so bummed not to have her there. Fortunately, with the book club night, I was able to take Courtney with me and spend the night enjoying good food with friends. I left feeling so grateful for these sweet friends who truly lifted my spirits that night. 
This seems to be a somewhat transient area- people come and go fairly often- with some families staying for the long haul. It's wonderful to welcome new friends to the area, and sad to see others go, but I am so grateful that the Lord directed us to an area with so many wonderful women who have truly touched my life. 



No comments: