Friday, June 29, 2012

Black Hills Camping- Friday- Going Home

Friday morning we were up pretty early and got our campsite all packed up. It went pretty quickly and the kids were actually really helpful with everything. It was sad to see the end of the week and our fun family vacation, but anytime you're gone for a week-especially camping- it's always nice to head home knowing you can finally get everyone clean & smelling good, and the car cleaned out. We had a nice trip on the way home, stopping to see the Badlands on the way. The only bummer was that I had gotten a bit of a headache and didn't have any ibuprofen, so I thought maybe I could just take a dramamine and that it would help with my headache. Well it helped with my headache, but it also knocked me out cold. I didn't realize it's pretty much the same thing as benadryl, and I react pretty strongly to benadryl. So I spent a good part of the drive home sleeping. Sorry Jeff! I did finally become coherent enough that I could finish driving the last 2 hours of the trip, but I definitely learned my lesson! :)
I'm so glad we were able to take the trip together as a family. It really was one of the most fun weeks we've had and we will always have so many fun memories to look back on. We sure love our kids and love being able to spend time with them.



Completely enthralled playing with their pet snake.



Getting 'charged' by this buffalo. We stopped to watch it and soon realized it was coming right for our car. I was getting worried and told Jeff to drive now! Jeff and the kids were all laughing at me.

 I'm amazed Matthew slept so well throughout the trip, pretty much every morning I would find him sleeping like this. He just couldn't stay straight in his sleeping bag!


No comments: