Friday, June 15, 2012

Running Training Log

I know there are all sorts of high-tech ways that people keep track of their running, training plans, etc. But for some reason, I still just like to keep track of mine on a plain old sheet of paper that I keep in my nightstand. It's easy to pull it out to record miles, and it's easy to look back and look ahead. 

When I finally decided to start running on the last day in February (it was just too cold before then). I figured I had about 15 weeks before the Iowa marathon. I set up a training plan, but what I actually ran was quite a bit different. Life gets busy, things come up, and there are many things more important than running.

After the Utah Valley Marathon, I was going back through my training log and frankly, I'm amazed that so many of my races went so well. Jeff and I were both laughing at the training log- it kind of looks more like a disaster plan. I'm determined to try and do better next time I'm training for a race- and actually try to stick to a better building plan. I know I can attribute a lot of the running success to my weight training class at the gym. We don't do a whole lot of running there, but I do think that strengthening your core can play a big part in overall fitness levels. Anyway, I was feeling good about how everything turned out this spring considering the amount of training that was entailed. I definitely need to work on sticking with the plans better, I'm sure it will help with the injury prevention too.


No comments: