Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

 It was an absolutely wonderful Mother's Day this year, thanks to my sweet husband and kids. They kept up tradition with a delicious crepe breakfast and the boys presented me with all sorts of adorable books, pictures, and letters they had made. They were so excited they could hardly stand it. I adore the pictures they draw, the stories and letters they write, they are so precious to me. I am so grateful for a wonderful husband who treats me so well and teaches our children to do the same through his example. I feel so incredibly grateful.
 The kids sang a couple of Mother's Day songs in sacrament meeting. I was a little sad that I didn't get to see them because I was the one playing the piano, but at least I was able to listen. They sounded so great.
We snapped a couple quick pictures after church. Emily was a total crack-up. I love these pictures of her, and especially the ones with Jeff. Her little cheesy grin totally shows off her personality- sweet and cute but very spunky!






I am so grateful for the wonderful mothers in my life. Mother, mother-in-law, grandmothers, aunts, sisters, sister-in-laws, cousins, neighbors, friends, etc. I'm so grateful for their incredible examples and the part they play in my life, as well as so many other amazing, incredible women that inspire, uplift, encourage and support. I appreciate the examples they set that motivate me to want to continually improve myself in all areas. I know that I fall short and know that I am not perfect. I am also grateful for wonderful women, friends and family, who love me regardless.
I was talking to my neighbor and friend a few days ago about motherhood. I definitely think it is one of the most challenging, frustrating, difficult endeavors we will ever undertake; and yet I can't think of many things that are more important, satisfying, or eternally rewarding. Sometimes it's hard to figure out each individual child- their wants and needs, and just how they tick. But one thing I do know is that they are worth it, and I am so grateful for my children and the chance to be their mother.
My cousin had this quote on her blog from a talk given by Elder Ballard entitled "Daughters of God." I thought it was beautiful and just had to copy it. (Thanks Kendra)

"I surely know that there is no role in life more essential and more eternal than that of motherhood."

"What matters is that a mother loves her children deeply and, in keeping with the devotion she has for God and her husband, prioritizes them above all else."

"Recognize that the joy of motherhood comes in moments. There will be hard times and frustrating times. But amid the challenges, there are shining moments of joy and satisfaction."

"Pray, study, and teach the gospel. Pray deeply about your children and about your role as a mother. Parents can offer a unique and wonderful kind of prayer because they are praying to the Eternal Parent of us all. There is great power in a prayer that essentially says, 'We are steward-parents over Thy children, Father; please help us to raise them as Thou wouldst want them raised.'"

3 comments:

teresa said...

NO ONE can rock a red dress like you can angela, you look incredible!!

love this post, i'm glad you had a good day, your family is just gorgeous!

Kendra said...

Whah-hoo, I'm quoted on your blog:)
Seriously though, you are a great example to me. Next time you come out this way, let us know, we'd like to see you all!

Joey and Michelle Chandler Family said...

You look beautiful. Thanks for sharing that quote. I need to read things like that more often.