It's been fun watching Caleb play baseball this year. Because of moving, traveling, financial situations etc. it's his very first year to play and I'm most happy about the fact that he's really enjoyed it. It's been so fun to watch him really start to 'get' the game and watch his skills improve. He's pretty serious when he gets up to bat, but I love seeing his cute, lighthearted, happy personality show through too. I'm glad he's had such a fun experience.
The games for these younger age teams can be pretty entertaining at times. Often the kids aren't playing real great attention. They'll be picking flowers or playing with bugs out in the outfield, and when a ball comes their direction it's the yelling of all the coaches that finally gets their attention as they scramble to find the ball and throw it where it needs to go. The kids hitting the ball do their best and have fun running around the bases. I love watching the kids cheer as each runner makes it to home plate. I'm really grateful for the wonderful, patient coaches that really make it fun for the boys.
5 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment